little pond, big pond

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, May 9, 2011.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Ally has been floating in their blue pool which is on day 3 and is nasty hot.
    Cadbury hopped in with her and then out and jumped in their water bin and sat in there for a while.

Blue has been camped out under the shrubs or the crepe myrtle tree by their duck yard. So I filled up a bin of water for her, gave her some steps so she doesn't have to try hard to get in or out without using her wing and plopped her in it. She had company in less than 10 seconds [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abby was hanging out with them - they are relaxing a bit more around them and she still just wants to sniff their bottoms to figure out who they are
    [​IMG]

Cadbury got brave and ran after her and changed her mind as soon as she reached her back leg and ran back to the new pool [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

My boxer likes to smell their bums too. Shes not to keen on the beak end as she has had the brunt of it but Loooves to smell baby butts.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I had to rewrap her tonight - DH pulled the teal wrap out of the bag, so she's sporting teal now. But Abby was following me around trying to get to Blue's butt. Even when I had her on the kitchen counter and her bottom was near the edge - look up and a dog nose is trying to get to it

I gave Blue a glass of water while Dh was getting the wrap and he saw her drinking out of a glass and just shook his head [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by