Little Rhody Show April 20

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by eakraig, Apr 17, 2008.

1. eakraig

eakraig New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    Providence RI
    I'm so glad I found you!![​IMG] I can't tell you how hard it is to find a RI chicken event without finding every site about Rhode Island Reds. Can someone please tell me anything about the event on Sunday? I'm deperately looking for a handfull of hens for my perfect little coop I built. We wanted chicks, especially unusual /rare ones, but there's no way we could raise the 25 requred by the hatcheries. I'm sure there have to be some hens out there for me.
    Thank you so much!!!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I've never heard of the event you're referring to. Is that what's it's called? "Little Rhody Show"? I'd be interested in it myself.

3. eakraig

eakraig New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    Providence RI
    I did a little leg work and this is what I know. The show is at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Exit 3A off of I95
    Show opens at 8 and Judging starts at 10, show wraps up at around 3. They will have a sale area and the word is that there will be birds of all kinds. This is one of two shows put on by the Little Rhody Poultry Fanciers. (The other show is in the fall)[​IMG]

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I'll be there this Sunday, the show hall opens at 8, judging starts at 10. The sale area at this show is usually pretty good. They also have a nice 50/50 and chinese raffle.

Here's the address:

78 Richmond Townhouse Rd
    Richmond, RI 02812

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by