Little Rock Arkansas Laws Regarding Rooster

Stacy Marie

Hatching
Sep 7, 2017
According to the Animal Control Department in Little Rock, roosters are NOT allowed within the city limits. Chickens are allowed, but coops and chickens must be a minimum of 300’ from any residence and have 3 square foot per chicken over 4 months.

According to the Animal Control Department in Little Rock, roosters are NOT allowed within the city limits. Chickens are allowed, but coops and chickens must be a minimum of 300’ from any residence and have 3 square foot per chicken over 4 months.

LR city ordinance found here: https://library.municode.com/ar/little_rock/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH6AN states that the smell must not be offensive for 300', but that chickens (and roosters are not singled out here) must have 3 square feet per bird over the age of 4 months. The coop has to be 5' from your home and 25' feet from your neighbors.

They tried to update this last year in 2016, but the measure never passed. That new measure would have still allowed for roosters though, as long as you were 1000' from neighbors.

Last edited:
Hi there. I’m new here and we are trying to figure out if we are allowed to have some backyard chickens/goat in the otter creek neighborhood of Little Rock. I can’t seem to find my answers online

Hi there. I’m new here and we are trying to figure out if we are allowed to have some backyard chickens/goat in the otter creek neighborhood of Little Rock. I can’t seem to find my answers online

From the link above your post it looks like it's no to goats unless you have 300 feet between you and the neighbours. Are you in some sort of HOA? That might be what stops you.

Back
Top Bottom