Little Roo Big Hens

Reapermoon

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2022
I have a 1 yr old sebright bantam want to get laying hens. Bout 6 ish lbs. And dont wanna get rid of him. Will he be ok with the hens ?Not worried bout fertilizing eggs just wanna keep my Silverwing 😀

My obnoxious Cochin Bantam rooster Billy Boy coops with a Columbian Wyandotte and a Bielefelder, both good-sized girls. No problems for him. The first year, he wore off the Wyandotte's feathers. Dynamics changed in their second year, and she remained fully feathered.

When all the coops are open and everybody is mixing together, the girls who aren't interested in his advances let him know quickly and effectively. He's never been injured by any of the full-sized hens. Some submit to his advances, some don't. But one of my Cochin Bantam girls from another coop ALWAYS chases his fluffy butt away from her until he hides under a coop. Still, no blood drawn!

My obnoxious Cochin Bantam rooster Billy Boy coops with a Columbian Wyandotte and a Bielefelder, both good-sized girls. No problems for him. The first year, he wore off the Wyandotte's feathers. Dynamics changed in their second year, and she remained fully feathered.

When all the coops are open and everybody is mixing together, the girls who aren't interested in his advances let him know quickly and effectively. He's never been injured by any of the full-sized hens. Some submit to his advances, some don't. But one of my Cochin Bantam girls from another coop ALWAYS chases his fluffy butt away from her until he hides under a coop. Still, no blood drawn!
Ok tyvm was worried with him being a sebright very small😀

Back
Top Bottom