Little roos

Dakota8472

Crowing
Apr 9, 2022
So I have atleast 3 roos. The biggest is the silkie roo, red. He seems to have the authority and favor granted by his size compared to the teeny tiny porcelain duccles I have.

I have noticed the funniest thing with the 2 tiny roos. If I'm holding a female bird long enough, the porcelain roos put down one wing and basically push against me and the female bird as hard as they can. Lol.

Anyone else seen that from tiny roos?

That's the wing dance you're describing! It's a courtship dance to try to get the girls to agree to let him mate them....and apparently you. 🤭

That can do this for a number of reasons. Dominance is one of them. My guess is you are holding one of his hens and he's displaying dominance to get you to put down the hen.

That's the wing dance you're describing! It's a courtship dance to try to get the girls to agree to let him mate them....and apparently you. 🤭

That can do this for a number of reasons. Dominance is one of them. My guess is you are holding one of his hens and he's displaying dominance to get you to put down the hen.
Im also thinking maybe since red wont come near me hes hoping he can get the ladies while i have them stationary lol. Since i dont believe the two little roos are being allowed to couple with the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom