Little Runner

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by flossyfelix, Mar 22, 2017.

1. flossyfelix

flossyfelix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2016
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    As some of you already know I have been debating for some time whether or not I wanted to add on to my crew. (Pekin Pair) I recently went into TSC & there was a little 3rd wheel- so needless to say, she came home with me! She was yellow so I was thinking she may be a Pekin as well, but it looks like I've got myself a little Runner! Her name is Sassyfras & don't be surprised if she never makes it out of the house to the yard. She has won my husbands heart over...& After being told I would never have a house duck "now way" things are looking up![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I figured I may as well start a thread for my many pictures, updates, & runner questions!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    Aww she's so cute! Do you have diapers for her? or just paper towels and a spray bottle [​IMG]

3. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016
    We have a sock diaper & paper towels right now![​IMG]

4. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Following cause she is adorable! And looks just like my girls! :)
    Do you know if she is a girl? I know tractor supply sells straight run but thought maybe you know how to sex them?

5. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016

I did the vent test.. & no little peepee came out... So I'm pretty sure she's a girl. However I could be surprised! Flossy was Fred for awhile... Until she laid an egg! Lol. (I didn't know about the sounds thing at the time!)

6. Ducks4us

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Lol i wish i was more comfortable with trying to sex them. But im to afraid of hurting them

7. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016

Exactly my point! Lol. I may not have even done it right I was trying to be so gentle! But I really feel like she is a girl!

8. Ducks4us

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Good deal! I hope so too for your sake [​IMG]

9. flossyfelix

Nov 10, 2016
    I have a question! Is it normal for my pair to be availed of her? That's what it seems like.. they won't have anything to do with her when I take her outside to run around. If they see that I have her they will get up & leave... Fast! (Well fast for a Pekin pair.) Maybe when she is bigger that will change?

10. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Yes, lots of adult Ducks are scared of the peeping....lol....;)........In time they will love her.....

So cute!

Congrats..:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by