little Turkey hatched (pic) Video Clip Page 2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tia, Jul 22, 2011.

1. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    This little guy was in the incubator this morning. When I went to bed last night around 1 a.m. he hadn't hatched yet. He is walking around the incubator, peeping up a storm, and looks really good. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He looks like he is fairly dry. Should I get him out and put him in the brooder.... or leave him in there to encourage the other two. He is bumping into the other eggs. I don't know how soon he has to have water. Would you give him electrolytes anyway even if he seems healthy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Oh how sweet! I sure wish we had land to have turkeys, what a cutie pie. Sorry I'm no help but I'm loving the picture.

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    They can go up to 3 days without food/water because of the yolk they absorbed. I would give them electrolytes.

4. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on the new one![​IMG]

5. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Congrats on a good hatchling! When you take him out, give him sugar water or electrolytes and make sure he drinks...all that..turkeys aren't so bright! I bought 2 poults this late spring and put them in with chicks to teach them! Congrats again [​IMG]

6. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Thanks he is so cute and so eager to get out of the incubator... still waiting for the other two eggs to hatch. It is getting hard to walk over to the incubator now.. as he runs over as to say okay get me out of here now and lets play... or eat ... or something... It is hard to walk away and leave him there.

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Very cute! Is it a Royal Palm? I just got my first two turkeys this year. One Blue Slate, and one Royal Palm. I got them at a swap meet as day old poults. I just love them.

8. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Congrats! [​IMG] for the rest of the hatch!

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Cute little RP! I've hatched 12 so far this year & have lots more eggs incubating. I've had several different kinds of turkeys over the last few years, but I've been hooked on the RP's for the last 3 years.
    [​IMG]

10. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Yours are very pretty - that is exactly what it is. I think one of the others is getting closer to hatching. I'll be glad because he will have some company.. the little guy is going to be hoarse if he doesn't be quiet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by