Little white worms in chicken poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Anthony13, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Anthony13

Anthony13 Just Hatched

Jul 20, 2016
    Hello all,
    So i have 3 chickens in an 18ft by 5ft wide run they all have been healthy and growing wel over the past year, recently i noticed my "mumma" (the oldest) chicken had lost her large tail feathers, no bald spots so i thought because she is older maybe molting is lasting longer than the others. she is now looking a tad smaller but other wise in good shape (her kids have grown larger than her so i thought maybe it was just in comparison she looked smaller) recently i have found the odd frothy brown poop in the coop (not alot but i was a tad concerned) today i was scooping poop out of the spot the 3 like to stand (only one small shovel full i try and do it regularly) and i found little white worms in the poo only in the "pile" of poop tho not in single droppings. As a young kid i grew up on a farm in the interior of bc with up to 60 chickens at one time and have never seen this before!(but was always under the guidance of my grandfather i just fallowed oarders) [​IMG][/IMG]Now that i live in the west coast i am having my first experience with this! Can anyone help? Should i be worried? I was kind of always under the understanding chickens stomachs were so tough worms are not really a problem?

2. Anthony13

Anthony13 Just Hatched

Jul 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Those look like maggots to me.

-Kathy

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That could be coccidiosis.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by