little yellow chicken icons

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by DDRanch, Jun 21, 2010.

1. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    I have noticed the little yellow chicken symbols that proceed some of the thread titles. How do they get there? Is that something I can add to my posts?
    Thank you.
    Anne

2. It is ones you have not read [​IMG]

3. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    well, that's a good idea. [​IMG] thank you for your lightening quick reply. I surely didn't have to wonder very long.
    Anne

4. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:... within the 24 hour time period they are posted that is.

For example, if you log in on Thursday, you will see all the new postings for Thursday that you have not read with the little yellow chicken icon in front of them.

Then you log out on Thursday and log in again on Friday.

What you will see THEN is all the new posts on Friday that you have not read with the little yellow chicken icon in front of them. NOW all days previous to Friday postings no longer have the little yellow chicken in front of them.

It took me awhile to figure this out (ok, sometimes I'm slow [​IMG]).

I'm not sure but I "think" there's a way to enable all posts to KEEP the little yellow chicken icon in front of them until you select "mark this forum as read" in the top right corner of each forum page... but, I could be wrong [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by