1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

LittleChickenRacingTeam....I got a ?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by HenHappy, Feb 1, 2008.

1. HenHappy

HenHappy Songster

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Are you planning on racing this spring/summer? I would love to come and see your WINNING chickens strut thier stuff this year. I think I am close enough to you to make a show of some sort. HEY, and if YOU ever decide to host a Canadian Chickenstock, I will be there. Teehee

2. HenHappy

HenHappy Songster

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    I'll even bring a big batch of potato salad...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. HenHappy

HenHappy Songster

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    bump....maybe I can catch your eye this time LCRT, or are you ignoring me??? LOL!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  4. eggzettera

eggzettera Songster

He's online right now so bump.....

5. roosters97

roosters97 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    he races chickens!!!!!????

6. HenHappy

HenHappy Songster

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Totally races them...It's so cool. I saw some pics from last year. It is absolutely amazing. Thanks MeanQueen, but I think I am being ignored. It's okay though. I don't like to bug anyone... too much!

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    His chickens run from him because they're afraid he'll mistake them for a coyote. (And because Silkies are evil. The Sebright runs to get away from the Silkies.)

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I need to see some chicken racing pictures....

In trying to get my moody teen to open up, I was talking about chickens flying kites (saw THOSE pics!). It actually got her attention. We talked about the harnesses and how our neighbors already think we're nuts so kite-flying chickens wouldn't surprise them. Then I mentioned chicken-racing and she asked questions!
    How do you keep them in line?
    How do you make them run?

I said I'd ask and find out.

Then we talked about lots of other stuff, including a little of what was bothering her and why.
    So now I need to know more about racing chickens for the next dark moody spell. Obviously chickens can be a good ice-breaker, even evil silkies (and she actually laughed when I said silkies were evil).

Can someone help me out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: