Live and Let Live or Die?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by GooseyMcGee, Aug 22, 2011.

1. GooseyMcGee

GooseyMcGee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    San Diego
    We recently had a raccoon brutally kill one of my pet geese. He didn't even eat the whole goose! We had two geese and we loved them very much. I kind of think it's okay because it's just nature being nature. Then again I nature crossed the line. We are going to trap it. I'm sure what I will after that.

Actually I hope a coyotes eats him.

How do people 'round feel about taking revenge on a predator?

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:The raccoon was only doing what he was born to do. You have to make sure your animals are protected 100%.... but you know what? It happens that a predator can still penetrate the strongest structures or watchful eyes. It did to me 3 weeks ago-never found out what did it either-14 hens gone...I trap year round for the most part and I don't feel one bit guilty-neither should you. I get them BEFORE they get mine:) Sorry about your goose.....

3. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    And I do what I was born to do. Have a family with the trapping that go with it, and protect everything put in my charge. It's simple and it's not mean, anything to harms me or mine, dies. Then I dig a hole and bury it. That's just the way handle it, cute or not.

4. brownysfp

brownysfp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    Correze, France
    Ole Rooster sums it up...anything goes after mine gets it. Got ticked off on a French forum muttering about killing the next jerk buzzard I lay my hands on. Seems they're a protected species here. Just wonder what Gauloise-puffing urbanite thought that was a fine idea. Not that it cuts any ice in the countryside: what gun, what buzzard.

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I got the same treatment once on a Pigeon forum for suggesting the use of rat traps and/or poison. I mean, I'd rather get them before they get my birds. There is nothing wrong with getting rid of that raccoon. I certainly wuld [​IMG]

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:why call it revenge..?the animal is doing what it's suppose to do... you, are suppose to look after your animals.... no emotion should be attached to the actions...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by