Live Eagle cam?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Mar 31, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Has anyone watched the live bald eagle cam? There is one in Decorah, Iowa that was sitting on 3 eggs. 2 have hatched as of now and I'm mesmerized!

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    That eagle is probably having BAD THOUGHTS.... Hmmmmmmm....... My babies are hungry..... those squirrels are hard to catch,,,,,, those rabbits jump into their burrows quickly and wait me out,,,,,, those sparrows out maneuver me in those quick turns in mid air...... oh oh yes...... there is a flock of chickens in sight..... when I drop down on them, they just freeze. [​IMG]

If that eagle is BALD... I think he should switch barbers.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  3. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Haha! That's funny!

They had a squirrel in the nest yesterday. And some kind of fish. But the momma ate the majority of the fish herself (in about 10 minutes!). I think daddy fed a little of it to the babies later. I didn't see them finish off the squirrel.

4. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Not sure, but maybe to the very young, the eagle needs to regurgitate food for some time, before they can eat scraps. Most birds feed their young that way. I never studied eagles though.

5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I did think of that later, the feeding by regurgitation. I bet it was feeding it that way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by