Live & learn when buying Brinsea incubator ...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by christy's chicks, Dec 31, 2010.

1. christy's chicks

christy's chicks New Egg

Apr 1, 2010
    After reading several posts about the Brinsea Hatch-A-Long, I decided to push my Genesis Hova Bator 1588 aside, and give the Brinsea ECO 20 a whirl. I went directly to the Brinsea website & was delighted to see that they have a 20% off several models, including the one I wanted to purchase along with the turner for $149.98. Great deal! Unfortunately it is out of stock until the end of January.
    Even though it is out of stock, I can still purchase it today. There were no messages stating will contact you when they are available, etc. That price is guaranteed today!

I searched a little more and see that DOUBLE R SUPPLY has a guarantee through Dave's Garden "We guarantee that you will not be undersold. See it cheaper, shipped elsewhere, just let us know." So I contacted Michelle, the owner of Double R Supply ... she honored the price but WOULD NOT ship me the product until February! Really?? How does she know Brinsea will not ship earlier when their products have been manufactured & ready to ship. What kind of business is this? Why would I want to order a product through someone other than the manufacturer & have to wait for the item to ship? Brinsea could ship before February.

This is a no-brainer ... I will go directly to the source Brinsea & wait.

I am a business owner myself, and this just does not make any business sense at all. Business is business and a sale is a sale. Sorry Double R Supply just lost my business & lost $ out of your pocket. Downright foolish!

Christy
    [​IMG]

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

As a business owner as well, I understand. More than likely they are out as well, and have to wait for Brisnea to restock, before they can restock. Or they are drop shipping directly.

I hate drop shipping, but sometimes I don't have a choice with UPS, FEDEX, DHL charging so much these days. I had a customer that needed a part, my cost on the big part was 17 bucks, but the shipping to me was 12.00 then another 13.00 from me to them. They didn't need it red, but the shipping would have cost more than the part sadly.

3. christy's chicks

christy's chicks New Egg

Apr 1, 2010
    [​IMG]

Thanks for understanding! It does make sense regarding the drop shipping, however, she could have handled it with better customer service and offered that info., instead of leaving a frustrated customer

I guess that's what makes the difference between a great business transaction and a negative one.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have always found the best prices right at Brinsea. I think they sell to everyone for the same price, so other have to jack the price up to make a profit.

5. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I think DOuble R has them drop shipped directly to the end user/customer, and since they are out of stock (Brinsea) February is probably the ETA they were given also
    However, they should have told you that.

7. christy's chicks

christy's chicks New Egg

Apr 1, 2010
    Quote:That's exactly my point ... She should have just said that. Double R's website didn't say they were backordered, so when I ordered, I expected it to be shipped right away until she called & told me in order to qualify for the discount I would have to wait until Feb. for delivery with no mention of it being drop shipped.

Now I know just to go right to the source [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by