Live video from my incubator -- streaming now!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SmittenChicken, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SmittenChicken

SmittenChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi Everyone-
    I've got eggs hatching in the next day or so (1 of 13 pipped so far). It's a bit like watching paint dry, but you can see the live stream here. I'll be posting regular updates on Facebook, if you want to be notified when a chick's about to hatch. :)

Here's what's in the incubator:
    2 Red Star mixes
    2 EEs
    6 Welsummer+Faverolles
    1 Cochin
    1 Welsummer+Cochin
    1 Leghorn+Cochin

2. OliverZoe

OliverZoe Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2013
    Very cool [​IMG]

3. Lynnae4913

Lynnae4913 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    High Springs, Fl.
    So very cool! This will be good for me to watch, as I have just set my first eggs in the homemade 'bator almost 17 hours ago.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

4. SmittenChicken

Apr 23, 2010
    Someone else on this board did a live stream as I was getting ready for my first hatch back in April, and I found it really helpful to see just how long it takes! Glad to hear it may be useful to you too. Thanks for watching!

We're up to 3 chicks now -- one Cochin x Welsummer (silver chick) and two Faverolles x Welsummer (one with 4 toes, one with 5). Plus several more on the way.
    [​IMG]

5. OliverZoe

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG][​IMG]They are so cute!!!! last I checked in there was only one baby out[​IMG]

6. SmittenChicken

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks for watching! I ended up with 1 Cochin x Welsummer, 2 black mystery chicks, and 5 awesome little Faverolles x Welsummers (which I got from a BYC member). Really cute little guys. Another hatch is due next weekend and I'm planning to stream that one as well. :)

7. OliverZoe

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]Congrats!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by