liver tumor???

Let me say I have not done many necropsies or butchering, but that looks like an adenoma, a smooth round growth, that looks similar to to tissue in which you found it. However there look to be spots on it which probably are fibrosis or scar tisue inside the adenoma, which can be common with them. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in, or any vets out there lurking.
Do you know what would cause something like this?

An adenoma is defined as a non-cancerous tumor of glandular origin. They can occur in any organ. If there is a poultry center at a local veterinary college nearby, it might be worth getting it examined.

And it's strange it just "fell apart." It shouldn't.

I'm also much the same as Eggcessive...I'm not as versed in necropsies on chickens, yet. It looks off; not only in the quality of the tissue but the color as well. Livers can be dark...but that doesn't look right....as least to me.

And I also hope someone more versed in necropsies can give clarity.:)

And it's strange it just "fell apart." It shouldn't.

I'm also much the same as Eggcessive...I'm not as versed in necropsies on chickens, yet. It looks off; not only in the quality of the tissue but the color as well. Livers can be dark...but that doesn't look right....as least to me.

And I also hope someone more versed in necropsies can give clarity.:)
I thought it was weird it fell apart too. But the mushy part was the centre of the liver where that ball thing was sitting underneath.

It doesn't look like the ones I have seen here, but only way to know for sure is to have a lab test it.
I am quite concerned as now three of the hens he's was with are now showing the same comb color changes. They are still acting normally as of today, but I am unsure of what I am dealing with here. Also, if it is blackhead are their eggs affected?

I am quite concerned as now three of the hens he's was with are now showing the same comb color changes. They are still acting normally as of today, but I am unsure of what I am dealing with here. Also, if it is blackhead are their eggs affected?
What does their poop look like?
Is is yellow?

What does their poop look like?
Is is yellow?
the poops looked normal today. I will post again tomorrow after. I check their poops again. My roo had the comb color changes first, then I noticed the yellow diarrhea, so I am nervous this is the same disease process.

Blackhead in chickens is rare, so I seriously doubt that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom