1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Liz & Jack (Button Quails) ***PIC HEAVY***NEW CAGE***

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEW CAGE

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Whoa! that male button looks pretty old to me.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I love the wild colored males, they are so pretty!

ticks: How can you tell if it is old just by seeing a pic?

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    He looks very old...Just by how he looks, and previous pics of him I have seen.

5. ButtonQuailBoy

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    do males get to old to reproduce?

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yes they do sadly [​IMG] Hens as well but hens normally die before they stop reproducing from what i've been told by breeders.

Your male is very pretty I love the white above his beak and the color of his eyes.

You arent afraid of them going through that chicken wire? Big area for them for sure! [​IMG]

by the way I thikn your male is a "golden pearl" not a wild colored (rare color)! [​IMG] http://www.zebrafinch.com/NewButtonQuail/GoldenPearl.html your hen may be one too she does look different from a wild colored hen especially on her head

after checking out buttonquailsusa photo gallery, you deffinatly (no doubt in my mind) have a golden pearl pair!!! RARE COLOR! [​IMG] Even post your pics of them on the group I can bet ya they are golden pearls! Not wilds! Lucky you! [​IMG]

7. ButtonQuailBoy

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    lol...Thats cool...They can only fit they're heads out the cage...They're in a locked up part of the house where my rabbit lives...I wish i can have more they're like Lays Potato Chips: ya just can have a few! lol

Well I'm hooing to here back from a few people so...maybe...I'll have some more!

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I hope your birds are still breeding age! People WANT golden pearls theres a major market for them. If you get more please keep that pair separate you'll be gald you did when you start having eggs or chicks for sale from them. seriously ask the group on buttonquailsusa [​IMG]

I actually think that your pair is featured ON the photo section of buttonquailsUSA, the golden pearl male on the main looks identical to yours..I may be wrong but he really does! then there sa hen on the photogallery section (golden pearl) that looks exactly like yours as well. Could be so since you go tyour pair from a buttonquailsUSA member after all! [​IMG]

9. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I was even going to say that those don't look anything like my wilds - their colors are much lighter. Very nice - you did GOOD!!!

10. ButtonQuailBoy

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    Quote:I hope your birds are still breeding age! People WANT golden pearls theres a major market for them. If you get more please keep that pair separate you'll be gald you did when you start having eggs or chicks for sale from them. seriously ask the group on buttonquailsusa [​IMG]

I actually think that your pair is featured ON the photo section of buttonquailsUSA, the golden pearl male on the main looks identical to yours..I may be wrong but he really does! then there sa hen on the photogallery section (golden pearl) that looks exactly like yours as well. Could be so since you go tyour pair from a buttonquailsUSA member after all! [​IMG]

Yeah a lady kinda gave them to me from off there so that is HIGHLY likely!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by