Lizards club!!!!

Do you have a pet lizard?

• Total voters
Well I saw your thread and tho I don't have lizards, i thought I'd reply since no one has yet. I used to live in FL and loved the little anoles that are so prevalent there. My son had a pet iguana. I recently went back to visit FL and was delighted to see the anoles...and then iguanas! They have multiplied in the wild and are everywhere! I was impressed but I think the locals aren't so pleased...I guess people let their pets go.
We have skinks here in MO. I see you are from MO as well. Why not post pics of your lizards and let's see if you can connect with other lizard people.....
iguana (3 of 1).jpg

I don't own any lizards (would be cool though...), but I'm wondering if anyone here feeds their lizards tomato hornworms. I found an egg in the garden and it hatched a couple hours after I brought it in, so now it's in a jar and I'm feeding it tomato leaves. I want to take care of it until it turns into a moth (then I'll let it go), so what do you guys feed your hornworms? I'm afraid that the tomato plants might die before it turns into a cocoon so I want an alternative food just in case.

Sorry if this is really off topic, I know some people grow worms for their lizards so I figured this would be a good place to ask this question.

I have a leopard gecko (ironically) named Friend and a male bearded dragon named Suzy

Attachments

• 20180819_155120.jpg
    20180819_155120.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20180821_104757.jpg
    20180821_104757.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 6
I don't own any lizards (would be cool though...), but I'm wondering if anyone here feeds their lizards tomato hornworms. I found an egg in the garden and it hatched a couple hours after I brought it in, so now it's in a jar and I'm feeding it tomato leaves. I want to take care of it until it turns into a moth (then I'll let it go), so what do you guys feed your hornworms? I'm afraid that the tomato plants might die before it turns into a cocoon so I want an alternative food just in case.

Sorry if this is really off topic, I know some people grow worms for their lizards so I figured this would be a good place to ask this question.
If you've been feeding it tomato leaves DO NOT give it to any reptiles. Tomato leaves are highly toxic. Mulberry and dandelion leaves are good for them. I hear they like tomatoes(fruit, NEVER leaves), pepper, and carrots. Personally I use a commercial hornworm food and supplement with leafy greens.
Edit: Oh just noticed you said you dont have any lizards. Tomato leaves are great for them as long as they're not feeder insects. The rest still applies

If you've been feeding it tomato leaves DO NOT give it to any reptiles. Tomato leaves are highly toxic. Mulberry and dandelion leaves are good for them. I hear they like tomatoes(fruit, NEVER leaves), pepper, and carrots. Personally I use a commercial hornworm food and supplement with leafy greens.
Edit: Oh just noticed you said you dont have any lizards. Tomato leaves are great for them as long as they're not feeder insects. The rest still applies

Thank you! Unfortunately it died... I'm not sure why, it's probably something I did. There was something either hanging off of its butt, or something big coming out of the butt, like a huge poop that made it constipated, so probably lack moisture... Oh well. If I ever find more I'll keep that in mind (If I don't end up killing it first:oops:)

Back
Top Bottom