1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ll are giving me chick fever

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by wynedot55, Apr 16, 2007.

1. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    ok guys why are yall tortoring me with all thease new chicks.ive got to meny irons in the fire.an cant get chicks this year.an hearing about yalls chicks is killing me.will be next yr fore i can order any.so guess i must suffer.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Sounds like you gotta live vicariously through us for a while [​IMG], but don't suffer!! Think of all the agony you're not going through! Pasty butt, cleaning brooder every few hours (I call it changing diapers [​IMG] ), feeding, watering, feeding again, watering, getting a bigger brooder cuz they just tripled in size overnight [​IMG].
    [​IMG] Gotta admit, it is tough not to melt when you see them all drop off to sleep at once in a wide carpet of fuzz... [​IMG]

3. wynedot55

Mar 28, 2007
    well i have 3 super brooders.i can brood 75 chicks up to 6wks at once.plus i have room for like 500 hens.so yes i keep chick fever all the time

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wow! [​IMG]

5. wynedot55

Mar 28, 2007
    i doubt ill ever build up to 500 hens tho.add to it i like all poultry.peacocks turkeys guienies ducks.you name it i like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by