Lloyd Bridges - Crooked Legs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HyLinda, Oct 30, 2010.

1. HyLinda

HyLinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Warrens, WI
    Lloyd Bridges (named so because he looks like he's walking with flippers - Sea Hunt) appeared to be normal as a chick (hatched this past April) but developed crooked legs, really bow-legged. He seemed to be getting along fine, just walked funny until a few days ago.

Now he is not walking at all, nothing seems to be broken. His appetite is good and he's easy to handle.

Is he too old (6 months) to fix his legs? He's such a good rooster, and so pretty, I really wanted to keep him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. HyLinda

Jun 14, 2010
    Warrens, WI
    I've heard you can tie the legs together so they don't bow out. What is the best thing to use to do this with?

3. HyLinda

Jun 14, 2010
    Warrens, WI
    I had to dispatch my beautiful rooster today. Although he did get up on his feet, he never really walked again. His comb got frostbitten on the last cold spell and he was getting very skinny, even though he had more than enough to eat.
    [​IMG]

4. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Not sure if anything could have been done, but just wanted to say I'm very sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by