Loaded the Bator tonite and what did I Hear?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BamaChicken, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I have about 7 eggs marked 16 which would mean today is day 16. I hear peeping. I must have marked it wrong or it is going to hatch early. I have overloaded the bator. I will be moving the others to the hatcher in two days and that will give me some room. I should have chicks hatching on the 23rd of Dec. I have the cutest chicks in the sink in the laundry room right now and chicks in the two brooder boxes.
    My little black silkies that hatched are so adorable. They look really good.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    What kind of eggs are they? My bantams always hatch a few days early, even under broody hens!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Hope you have a great hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

Was your temp a little on the high side, that could make them early !!

Cant wait to see pics !!!

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Silkie eggs. This one is white. The temps have been steady and the others have been hatching on time so I must have marked the egg with the wrong date by accident. I have had surprises in the turner before too. Don't know why. I will take some pics maybe tomorrow of my cuties. I have a few Orps hatching too. I am trying not to hatch Orps right now as I am waiting for a particular Roo to mature and add a new dimension to my flock.

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Can't believe it. I had a buff hatch and the one that was pipping is still pipping. I must have messed up big time. I didn't not up the humidity either. I thought i kept hearing some movement in the bator this morning.. It was all fluffed up riding the turner.

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS [​IMG]

LOL, yes you must of been a few days off !!! I think we have all done it once.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by