Loading the incubator tonight with Julie's Silkie eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by featherfooted, Nov 30, 2007.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Julie, I recieved the eggs today and all were in great shape. I loved the way you pack the eggs. I'm going to place them in the incubator tonight, so in 21 days I hope to have little Silkies from Alabama. [​IMG] I had 6 Silkie chicks hatch last night, 3 partridge, 1 grey, 1 black and 1 blue splash. My little silkie, Fruit Loop, hatched one, the rest were in the incubator. Fruit Loop has adopted all of them and they are all happy with their new Mom. I hope to get some pictures tomorrow. I love to watch Moms with their chicks. [​IMG]

2. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Thats Great - What fun [​IMG]

I just put a bunch of Silkie Eggs in the incubator,

We will have babies the same day. COOOOOOL

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    So glad you shared this. I was wondering if they made it. I'm believeing with you for a great hatch. Hey I have a little partridge chick I hatched from some of my hens in a special pen. It is so cute but I am not working on partridge any more. Has a big ole conehead.
    I love it when the mom's adopt chicks. I have slipped many a chick under a hen at nite and she would take it right in. I had a mille Fleur OEGB of sorts one time that would take anybodies chicks. She loved taking care of babies. I sold her and roo just cause I didn't have any special pen for them and she went where she wanted. There are some that are just special.
    Take some pics of your latest hatch so we can see.

4. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Good luck.... I hope you have a great hatch!!

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    My Silkie eggs from Julie went in yesterday! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by