Local breeder of Australorps, but yellowish feet?? Can this be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewChickHere, Apr 12, 2012.

1. NewChickHere

NewChickHere Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi friends. I have found a local breeder of Australorps and several other birds too. I was talking to him about my Australorp that I got from McMurray and she is super sweet but has yellowish feet bottoms. After reading all around on here I have learned that the BAs should have white or pink feet and the JG have the yellow, so I figured I got a JG. Which I did not want but I love her already.

Anyway, I met this breeder at a feed store and he was selling a bunch of chicks. He was showing me the bottoms of his chicks feet and they were yellow?? And he breeds them and knows for sure they are not JG because of the size of course for one.

So now I'm confused. Could I really have a BA with some yellowish feet. I've included a few pics for thoughts. She is only about 5 weeks in these pics, but is 8 weeks now. Thanks for any thoughts.

She is 4 weeks here and now her face is almost all black, with the black beak.
    [​IMG]

You can kind of see her feet as she walks away. She also has 2 white tail feathers, one on each side.
    [​IMG]

And this is what she does to me to keep me on my toes. lol. She's about 7 weeks here and so silly when she
    sunbathes.
    [​IMG]

2. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    No clue...but she's adorable :)

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Those aren't yellow, those are pink feet. Australorp chicks will have pink coloring on the bottoms of their feet, turning more to a white as they mature.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    those are pink/white soles she has. i was confused at first with mine to me they looked yellow but when someone posted pics of white/pink and a yellow foot/feet it was obvious then that they werent yellow lol i will try and find that post

1 person likes this.
  5. NewChickHere

Ok very cool. Thanks for everyones thoughts. I was really wanting an Australorp (and that is what I ordered) but she is SO darn sweet I'd keep her no matter. But would much rather have a BA than a huge JG that does not lay as well. Thanks again. [​IMG]
    Kim

6. GentlyLiving

GentlyLiving Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2012
    I love the picture of her sunbathing! So sweet!

7. NewChickHere

lol. Thanks. Yes I like it to....now that I know she is ok. I'm new to raising chickens so the first time I saw her do this it scared me. She is so silly. They ALL like to dust bathe of course and roll on their sides but she is the only one that lays totally still like this for a while, eyes closed and everything. lol. She is a sweetie, named Tracy. [​IMG]

8. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG]
    its of a young male sumatra but still yellow feet bottoms. the yellow color can vary in shade as well. hope this helps

9. NewChickHere

Wow that is a lot more yellow huh? Thanks for sharing that. :)

10. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I LOVE my BAs. One is fat and the other is skinny, but they're both great. They are mellow and friendly and lay well. Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by