Local Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries in Tangipahoah Parish

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Burger Bob, May 19, 2016.

1. Burger Bob

Burger Bob Out Of The Brooder

Are there any Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries located close to Loranger, LA in Tangipahoah parish in Louisiana? I sure would appreciate some help on this subject. I am totally new to this website and trying to learn my way around it.

Thank you very much,
    Burger Bob

2. vr1967

vr1967 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Liberty, MS
    I'm just up the road from you in Liberty, MS

I ordered 25 birds from a hatchery in Iowa that shipped Tuesday and I received them yesterday (Thursday)

Closest hatchery I know of is Ideal in TX. Our Co-Op gets chicks from there, as I bought some there in March.

3. Burger Bob

Thanks for that information. I greatly appreciate it.

Burger Bob

4. Burger Bob

Thanks for that information. It is greatly appreciated.

Burger Bob

5. vr1967

vr1967 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Liberty, MS
    I think our Co-op got some in yesterday. Looking for anything specific?

1 person likes this.
  6. Burger Bob

Actually I would be looking for Rhode Island Reds, Ameraucanas and maybe some Black Austrolops. I currently have 6 Rhode Islands, 5 pullets and a rooster, which I really did not want a rooster yet and the same number of Americacaunas, 5 pullets and a rooster which I didn't want as well. I currently live in a subdivision with neighbors right on top of me. So I imagine they don't care for the roosters crowing, but in about 4 to 5 months I am moving to a 5 acre plot of land in Loranger, LA with my father. There I will want to expand my flock to eventually about 30 to 50 birds. I am only allowed 12 currently where I live.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by