local chicken laws in Pueblo, co city limits

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by evanne1961, Apr 18, 2010.

1. evanne1961

evanne1961 New Egg

Apr 18, 2010
    Does anyone know the regulations regarding in city poultry in Pueblo, CO?

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

Might try calling animal control [​IMG]

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    More data:

Sec. 11-4-32. Nuisances; certain fowl and animals.
    (a) It is hereby declared to be a nuisance, and it shall be unlawful and a municipal offense for any
    person to suffer or permit any chicks, chickens, geese, ducks or turkeys, or any hare or hares, rabbit or
    rabbits, or cavy or cavies owned or controlled by such person to run at large or to go upon the
    premises of any other person in the City.

(b) It is hereby declared to be a nuisance, and it shall be unlawful and a municipal offense for any
    person to keep or maintain any chicks, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, pigeons, doves or squabs in an
    enclosed structure or building within eight (8) feet of the property line of any adjacent improved lot or
    parcel of land or in an unenclosed structure or open pen or run within fifteen (15) feet of such
    property line or, whether enclosed or unenclosed, within fifty (50) feet of any dwelling other than that
    occupied by such person

(d) It is hereby declared to be a nuisance, and it shall be unlawful and a municipal offense for any
    person to keep or maintain in the City more than ten (10) "standard" chickens or ten (10) "bantam"
    chickens over the age of four (4) months. A "bantam" chicken is one which weighs less than thirty
    (30) ounces at maturity. A "standard" chicken is any chicken other than a "bantam" chicken as herein
    defined.

Edited: Your city, like most, place restrictions on where you can have chickens in the city based on zoning.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. yotricia02

yotricia02 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2011
    Pueblo West, CO
    I wonder if this is the same in Pueblo West also?

Otherwise, I might have to move my dog run before I get chickens/ducks/or whatever I eventually decide to get.

5. dandar

dandar Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2014
    central nebraska
    I was infomed by the city of pueblo u r allowed. 6chickens in city limits but enclosure has to be 50ft from any neighbors property line

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by