1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Local columnist gives chicken advice

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by balticbabe, Oct 23, 2008.

1. balticbabe

balticbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    Not sure if chickens are everywhere now or if I just perk up at the mention of a chciken. Today I came across this in today's Seattle Weekly.

Dear Uptight Seattleite,

Neighborhood guidelines require that my neighbors sign a consent form before I'm allowed to keep chickens in my backyard. Everyone signed except this one woman. What should I do?
    Chick Blicked

Dear Chick Blicked,

Tick, tick, tick...Ding! Time for the ol' eggs-followed-by-origami routine! Deliver to her doorstep a dozen eggs snugly wrapped up in an old-timey picnic basket. A week later deliver another basket, this time containing a dozen delicate origami boxes. Enclose a note explaining that these boxes represent the dozen million cubic miles of pollution produced when a single carton of eggs is shipped to the supermarket. Faced with such a poetic expression of the cost of not eating locally, she will surely sign your little chicken form.

The full column can be read here
    http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-10-22/diversions/ask-an-uptight-seattleite/

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Love it! [​IMG]

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

That is precious![​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

LOL! Great!

5. amcstay

amcstay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    That is awesome!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Its great!

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That's wonderful! What a great idea! [​IMG]

8. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    I like that idea. I just hope the neighbor likes eggs. One of my neighbors don't mind the chickens, but is allergic to eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by