Local Farm Supply Shop: Bad Experience

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by edbama2, Mar 24, 2007.

1. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Had to go get some more medicated chic starter yesterday. I asked the guy behind the counter if they sell baby chics and he said yes, they are over there in the corner. I go look at them and couldn't resist. He came bag with my bag of food and said you get 10 free chics with each bag purchased. OK, make that 2 bags of food. LOL These new ones are mixed Leghorn and Barred Rock. Now I have to build more coops outside. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Dude, you got the fever something bad! You need to be medicated too! [​IMG]

So whats the total now?

3. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    I lost track, as they get bigger I will figure it out. I am trying to keep certain breeds together so I build the coops as needed. I couldn't turn down free chics. LOL! [​IMG]

4. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Well, no you can't turn down free chicks. I was always 2 steps behind in the housing needs for my chicks and had them inside much longer than I wanted. I think that's pretty common though. [​IMG]

5. chickiemom

chickiemom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Free chicks I think I should move to your town. My local feed store doesnt want to give anything free and they are related to me.[​IMG]

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Let's hope you didn't end up with 20 free rooster chicks![​IMG]

7. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    That would be 20 pots of chicken and dumplins'![​IMG]

8. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Ed last year at that same store they had ordered the broiler specials cause they are cheap and they were nothing but Roosters that the hatchery needs to get rid of. I hope you don't have all Roos. Like said before if you want to eat them that should work out.

9. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Well, I hope not but they said that they were from someone locally that incubates them. I will let you know. If I do get too many roos, There is someone I know that wants them. [​IMG]

10. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Well that is great. I know they oredered from McMurray last year. I hatched some quail eggs for the man down there last year and he wanted to give me some quail eggs but I am just not interested in quail.. They were like bumble bees when I opened the lid to the Bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by