Local Feedstore's First Chick Shipment in TWO WEEKS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Dec 26, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here she goes again-this feedstore gets chicks starting in January. She told me today that the first shipment would probably be about Jan 15. For those who need to know, they all come from Ideal. I will not be buying anymore of those, but if you live anywhere in the Tri-State(TN/GA/NC) area, just giving you a heads-up.

Forgot to mention that this is Brown's Feed in Blue Ridge, GA. She charges way too much for them, but if you only want a couple of chicks (she gets in sexed pullets mostly), it's probably worth it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

I want baby chicks again!!!

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    hey where is this feed store located? What town?

4. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    oops I'm sorry, I got ahead of myself and didn't read the whole thing before I replied.[​IMG]

5. speckledhen

This is Brown's Feed in Blue Ridge, GA.

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    Quote:speckledhen...you said she charges way too much....how much does she charge?

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Waiting 'till spring... Waiting 'till spring... Waiting 'till spring...

SHEESH! With all this chick talk going on, it is making it harder and harder to wait! [​IMG] I keep telling myself that I must not get the bator out until the end of February.

8. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    we go to blairsville Ga every 3 months for appalachian boer goat breeders meeting so we might stop in that store and check their chicks out.....

9. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    the hardware store here got "christmas chicks and geese" tuesday...

10. speckledhen

Her prices vary so I dont know exactly what she'll charge this year. For Ideal's Easter Eggers, she charged almost $5 each last year, just for the lure of blue eggs. If she decides they are rare, she'll charge more. And she's started taking the chicks home and raising them herself up to a certain point to sell in her store. And boy, are those expensive! Even if they were free, I wouldn't take them because I have no idea what her place and sanitation are like or if she's had disease problems on her property. But, if you want a couple or three hatchery RIRs or Buff Orps or SLWs, as few day's old chicks, it's not that bad.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by