Local Hatcheries/ Breeders? SE North Carolina Area

m1chelle1

Crowing
Jan 12, 2017
Central Florida Coast
Good morning fellow chicken enthusiasts! Moved from the great PNW to SE North Carolina a few months ago. Needless to say, i purchased a home and am going to be looking to get my back yard flock around Early December time frame (if i can). My question to all of you, is do you know of any breeders or hatcheries that would have chicks that time of year? i could even work with hatching eggs if i had to. I know that if i ship day olds that late in the year from somewhere else in the country i have to order more than i want, so thats not an option. I'm looking for somewhere that would allow me to pick a few up at hatchery. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Compost King

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2018
Salisbury, North Carolina
I asked this in another thread today when someone said something about going with the closest Hatchery. I posted here so I could get updates by email if someone posts

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/search/gra?query=Chickens this is the best I can do to help you. I use Winston Salems Craigslist Greensboros, Hickorys or Charlottes. If I had one term plans to stay in NC I would start a hatchery here.. or anywhere in the South East since I am not finding any/many.

Last edited:

mollye

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2015
Polkton, NC
Good morning fellow chicken enthusiasts! Moved from the great PNW to SE North Carolina a few months ago. Needless to say, i purchased a home and am going to be looking to get my back yard flock around Early December time frame (if i can). My question to all of you, is do you know of any breeders or hatcheries that would have chicks that time of year? i could even work with hatching eggs if i had to. I know that if i ship day olds that late in the year from somewhere else in the country i have to order more than i want, so thats not an option. I'm looking for somewhere that would allow me to pick a few up at hatchery. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

What kind of chickens are you looking for? I hatch out chicks year round. Our farm raises silkies, easter eggers, and New Hampshire’s at the moment. And I current have some chicks available. We are located an hour east of Charlotte. Where exactly are you located?

m1chelle1

Crowing
Jan 12, 2017
Central Florida Coast
What kind of chickens are you looking for? I hatch out chicks year round. Our farm raises silkies, easter eggers, and New Hampshire’s at the moment. And I current have some chicks available. We are located an hour east of Charlotte. Where exactly are you located?
yep, wilmington :) i ended up ordering them from McMurry a month ago so im set for a while. thank you!!

Top Bottom