Local Hatchery Takes Credit for Show champions!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by doug47, Oct 16, 2013.

1. doug47

doug47 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2013
    I think it is wrong to take credit for others hard work and breeding for years to sell chicks. Taking credit for the blood line when the winners bred them before they were a hatchery! I can see local fair more than North East Poultry Shows.

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I don't geddit?

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

IMO this is just a marketing ploy. Advertise the shows and meets; advertise the chicks you have available.

I just hope their chicks are SQ.

OR did I miss the poiny too?

4. doug47

doug47 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2013
    You got the point. I just didn't explain it good enough! Just bothers me they take the credit!

"Our poultry is known for winning many of the prestigious rewards at show such as; Grand Champion and 1st place winners at the North East Poultry Shows for three years in a row; and 1st place blue ribbon in many county fairs and 4-H exhibitions."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Most of our poultry in 4-H and FFA, and the county fair, are hatchery stock. Like, buy the chick from the hatchery in the spring and show it in the fall. So, here, the hatchery does provide the "show" stock and their birds do win, the kids don't as a rule breed their own birds. From a lot of posts here, I thought that was pretty standard. I'm not sure how the hatchery is taking credit for some thing they don't do? What they're talking about is pretty standard around here.

Not saying it means they have show quality stock, of course. When your entire class is hatchery stock, the judge still chooses the best of the lot and pins it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by