Local Hatching eggs FBCM

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RWise, Jan 18, 2013.

1. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I can get FBCM eggs local to me for $10 a dozen, the flock is young and full blood. I would have to go get them as he does not ship, but it is not a long drive. He has some about to hatch in a few more days so he can say how many hatched (%). If his hatch comes out good, is this a good price? I can get straight run chicks for $6 each from someone else.

2. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    It depends if you a familiar with hatching already, and how many you want. If this is your first time hatching you may have troubles and have a low hatch rate. And if you only want 2 or 3 chicks then you may not want to hatch out a full dozen. The price is defiantly good, but remember, you get what you pay for. They may not have very good color to the eggs, or be very good quality chickens.

3. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I would not want more than 1 dozen myself. He has supplied pics of the flock (color, talons etc) and eggs, every thing looks good but the birds are a bit young yet. I told him I would wait tell spring for his birds to grow up. But I now have a hen that want to hide her nest and prove to me she gets a better hatch rate than I do! (She is probably right I may let her set some.) My hatch is about 3 weeks old now, and they all know I have them. The flock gathers at the back door to listen to them, IDK maybe they chat,,,

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by