Local newsaper did a postive story about our chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bobk, Nov 16, 2013.

1. bobk

bobk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2013
    Melrose Park,IL
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    nice! love the coop. question, under the egg box, is that a pull out drawer or just support for the box?

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    The link just brought me to the Suntimes main page, not the article... bummer. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, and it is so cool to hear that backyard chickens are allowed in more and more townships. My mom still lives there and tells me about chicken articles that she reads in the newspaper a couple of times a year.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. bobk

bobk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2013
    Melrose Park,IL
    Thanks, that is just a 2x4 ledger that i used to support the nesting box frame. But putting a drawer there might have been a great idea!!

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I can't get to the article either. Maybe someone can post the article for us

6. bobk

bobk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2013
    Melrose Park,IL
    the link seems to work for some and not others. here is a link to the homepage and the story link is the 4th one in the column

http://franklinpark.suntimes.com/

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your own secret drawer. hmmm who wants to go rummaging in a nest box?only thing i can think of is the mice and that would be an awesome place to put poison if you use it.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Great article Bob! Good for you plugging for BYC, and everyone else who wants chickens! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by