local wild rooster shot and killed :(

Jster

Songster
12 Years
Dec 11, 2007
This story made me so sad.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article454619.ece

I didn't know the rooster, and I know many chickens end up as dinner, but the stupid useless brutality/hatred of a person made me really sad and angry. Also, as we live in a neighboring town and have a-legal chickens, I feel sort of vulnerable.

And the poor hens who have lost their roo!!

GwenFarms

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
What gave that man the right to do that. It would be one thing if everyone in the neighborhood was complaining and he stepped up to do something about it, but clearly this was the opposite. I think he should be formally charged for killing the rooster and for endangering others by firing a weapon so close to homes.

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
I don't agree with it being shot, but the owner is partly to blame. If it was running aroung the neighborhood free, it was almost like asking for trouble. If the guy tresspassed to shoot it he should be prosecuted for tresspassing. If he walked onto the owner's property, he should be charged for theft, among other charges.

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
How terrible. If he had a problem with the rooster he should have taken it to the proper authorities. Instead he trespassed and discharged a lethal weapon with the possiblity of endangering others as well as being in a place where it is illegal to discharge said weapon. I hope the DA finds some charges to bring him up on so as this doesn't happen again. How sad.

Top Bottom