Rain Dance

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2020
Anybody around Albany Ky that could may be take a look at my set up and tell me why I am not getting any eggs? I am at a lost.

What breed, and how old are your birds ? What are you feeding ?
BackYard Chickens - Learn How to Raise Chickens

R

Unwatch
•••
Today at 2:47 PM
R
Rain Dance
In the Brooder

Anybody around Albany Ky that could may be take a look at my set up and tell me why I am not getting any eggs? I am at a lost.

Quote Reply
Report •••
Today at 3:12 PM
[IMG alt="sourland"]https://www.backyardchickens.com/data/avatars/m/30/30158.jpg?1494900930[/IMG]
sourland
Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member

11 Years

• Greeter
  • Spirit
  • Educator
  • Friend
What breed, and how old are your birds ? What are you feeding ?

5 isa browns 1 1/2 year old, 2 sex links 6 mo. old, 2 black sex links 6 mo. old and 1 easter egger 6 mo. old. Layers choice 15% protein, 2 lbs a day.

Quote Reply
Report •••

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code

Write your reply...

Post reply Preview
Attach files
Share:
RedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink

5 isa browns 1 1/2 year old, 2 sex links 6 mo. old, 2 black sex links 6 mo. old and 1 easter egger 6 mo. old. Layers choice 15% protein, 2 lbs a day.
Only the ISAs are old enough to lay. Have they recently stopped laying? Are you sure they're all hens? Have the days been getting shorter? Are they molting?

Only the ISAs are old enough to lay. Have they recently stopped laying? Are you sure they're all hens? Have the days been getting shorter? Are they molting?
I got them a guy that said they were laying. I got a few eggs then nothing. I have a light that comes at 4:30 AM in coop. All hens and no molting.

I got them a guy that said they were laying. I got a few eggs then nothing. I have a light that comes at 4:30 AM in coop. All hens and no molting.

How long ago did you get them? Possibilities: 1) Moving stresses chickens and can cause them to stop laying. 2) Your older birds may be coming into molt and have stopped laying. 3) Your protein is quite low, 16% is considered the bare minimum for most feed. 4) Some of the younger birds may not have yet come into lay - I don't know how honest, accurate or reliable the seller was.

When I got my adult hens, I got one egg, then a month and a half of no laying before I got eggs again. I'm still only getting eggs from three of them. It may just be moving stress.

Back
Top Bottom