1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

It would be nice if under the user name on the left-hand side (beneath the avatar, if there is one) the location could be shown. The info could come from the profile. In most other forums you can glance at that info and know a bit about where that poster is coming from. I have no idea how hard that would be to implement, but I think people would find it useful.

On Beemaster, another one of my favorite forums, if there's nothing entered in the location in the profile, the location under the avatar reads "Hopelessly lost" [​IMG] When people ask for advice, especially WRT bees, it's extremely helpful to know where they're keeping the bees. I would think the same could be said about chickens.

FWIW. [​IMG]

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I used to think the same thing until I realized that some folks don't want their location shown? [​IMG]

3. Reinbeau

Well, it could be an option, or you could be a bit vague about your location - I usually say South of Boston, MA, rather than my specific town. At least then the general geographic area is apparent.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Folks, I don't know what's up, but I see the locations even when I'm not logged in, right under the member's avatar. Do you see the registration date and the number of posts? Those are right under the location of the member.

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I was assuming Ann was referring to the ones who don't have a location under their avatar???

6. speckledhen

I'm not quite sure, ozark. Ann, could you clarify? Are you seeing any locations?

7. speckledhen

Ok, Terrie and I both thought she meant no locations were showing up and we were puzzled.

8. Reinbeau

Now isn't that funny, I've been poking around in the 'social' forum and noticed a lack of locations - here in this thread I see we're all located! My bad, I guess I never noticed the locations before, or many haven't filled them in....

9. speckledhen

Ok, mystery solved! Thanks, Ann

10. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    LOL! I know...if I can post where I live...where folks always ask,

"Where the heck is Fleming?" (Even those FROM Colorado! Yes, that small of a town. LOL!)

I would be rich!

Oh well...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by