Locator Pigeon People

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Larry Holman, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Larry Holman

Larry Holman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    I'm looking for somebody in or around NorthWest Arkansas That would like to start or add to their pigeon raising. I have several breeds, some flying type and some show type. Get back to me if you have an entrest. Larry.

2. Larry Holman

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    Really want close by people so I don't have to ship or try to get pictures. Have to many birds, not wanting to give them away BUT I have to reduce the load some how.
    There is Doneks, Or.Rollers, Ber. Rollers White Homers and a couple fan tails(Indian) also a couple pair of Giant Homers.

1 person likes this.
  3. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    All faves of mine. especially FORs if they are. had some thought birms before knew more about performance pigeons. Lost during two tornados. Unfortunately i live in east tn. far end n middle. Would love pics put up. how deep your rollers roll and any info on your doneks?

4. Larry Holman

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    I wished I could brag on the rollers, out of 60 birds only a hand full are good. I got rid of a bunch and it seems they were the ones doing all the rolling. I have both Show and FOR Orientals, The hawks didn't show up this year YET to thin out for me. As for the Doneks, I haven't got them going right. I do fly them but I need more instruction on how to make them good.

I mention no hawks yet and I look out the window and what do I see walking the wire checking the days menu. Of course the birds don't like it. 18 pens and a hand full of kit box's and not one pigeon to be seen.

I guess to get somebody to take some of these birds I'll have to round up a grand kid to come over and take pics and put them on this machine for me.

5. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    Id def take non white, good performance and flying/evading FORs! rest id like, but way too many as of now, unless sell misc birds down to hopeful gold stock..

6. Larry Holman

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    As you can see, I have NO pictures and come tomorrow I'll have no rollers. The price is right and he wants them 65 birds for $0. Just come and get them. Now just a bunch more birds to go. Nobody wants birds around here, big chicken company's don't want other feathered birds around. 65 birds won't make much of a dent in the feed bill. Speaking of feed bill , it's time to go feed.

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Will you be going down to Shawnee?

If so, how much are you asking for your Indian Fantails?

8. Larry Holman

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    Well it was a nice day BUT I didn't make it to the show. I did have a few guys come by , one got B rollers and a pr of Oriental rollers. The other gut wanted and got 3 pr Indian Fantails. That still leaves to many fan tails and to many rollers. All in all it was a good day, picked rollers from flying then trying to get the ones they wanted once they came down.

9. samwest1952

samwest1952 New Egg

Jan 8, 2015
    I am interested what kind of pigeons do you have?

10. Larry Holman

Feb 12, 2011
    Gentry, AR
    There is a lot of pigeons and a lot of pens. Oriental Rollers, Doneks, Racing Homers, Saddle Homers, White Homers, Giant Homers, Fan Tails of both breeds, Bm Rollers and Hubbles. I think that is all the breeds I have out back If all this bird dropping thaw I'll have a lot of work to do, it piles faster it seems when it freezes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by