Lock down in the da morning- and got another set eggs due next week?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Axle Quails, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    How can i keep the other eggs turned to stay alive ? and as im going down to lock down i dont want to disturb the others that about to hatch?? i dont want to open it up because temp and humidity so any other ideaS?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    What kind of incubator do you have?

3. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Convia 24 i think it semi automatic..

4. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm not familiar with that one. For a while, I used a cabinet incubator for the first 18 days and 3 styrofoam incubators I used for lock down. That way, I could be incubating hatching eggs set at different times. If you get something separate to hatch in, it would be good, but of course, you would need to set it 24 to 48 hours before to make sure the temperature is right.

5. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Yea hopefully if i can hatch some chicks and sell them hopefully i can get enough money :) to buy a new incubator

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    for stagered hatches you really need 2-3 incubators (depending on hatch dates and lockdowns). the humidity for the 2nd set will be very high for them and could cause some problems. along with that you will have to open it a tiny bit to turn the other eggs and once they start to pip externally then you wont be able to trun the other eggs and the hatching chicks will end up climbing and bimping the other eggs around as well.

7. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    1 egg hatched.. got another one hatching and the next week ones are going to be okay. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by