Lock down starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by harris farm, Sep 16, 2010.

1. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    This is my first hatch, anybody else with me

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Mine are due Friday or Saturday. Does that count?[​IMG]

3. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine are in lockdown today.. started with 11 bantam eggs and all 11 are still alive.

4. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    Yes that counts. I started with 7 barred rocks and all r still kicking

5. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Mine are going into lockdown tomorrow! [​IMG] This is my first time as well! If none hatch oh well, if one or 2 hatch then yay, and if all 5 hatch I'll stand around scratching my head wondering how I did it!

6. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I've been hatching for years. Don't worry to much about your first hatch. There's lots of help here. I've got MF D'Uccle's and Crele OEGB in the bator. Can't wait.

7. fanov8

fanov8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    Oh me too, me too!!! [​IMG] This is also my first hatch and they go into lockdown tomorrow also! I'm really excited about these eggs. They are from my rooster that tried to attack my dog and the dog didn't like that. So we lost our rooster. And also from one of my favorite hens that also died yesterday [​IMG] So these little eggs have alot of meaning behind them! I'm sure they are going to be some funny looking chicks, but we will love them all the same [​IMG] Our Roo was a White Crested Black Polish. The hen that died yesterday was a Barred Rock, and the other hens are a Black Comet, Red Comet, and a RIR. Should be interesting to say the least. LOL Good luck everyone!

8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Mine have been in lockdown since tuesday evening and I have three pips. Yay!! They are supposed to hatch tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. [​IMG]

9. MJCooper42

MJCooper42 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Stafford
    Did y'all make your incubators or buy them?

10. fanov8

fanov8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    Quote:Bought mine from TSC. It's a Little Giant. So far it seems to be doing quite well, but then again I'm a stay at home mom so I can go in and check on things quite often during the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by