Lock down time for Belgium d’Uccle eggs plus any other info please

Clucky family

Chirping
Sep 20, 2019
So new to all of this but I have some lovely little d’Uccle eggs in my incubator just wonder the best day for lock down as I’ve read in quite a few posts that these little chicks can hack early being bantams any suggestions?
Also what temp and humidity do you turn yours up to on lock down?
Any other advice would be amazing

Thank you

I've hatched several different bantam breeds both in incubators and under broody hens, and none have ever hatched earlier than day 20. The vast majority hatch on day 21.

I usually lock down at day 18 with a humidity of around 65% and the same temperature 99.5 for a fan assisted bator or 101-102 at the top of the eggs for a still air bator. For the first 17-18 days I usually keep the humidity fairly low at between 30-40%.

Have you candled the eggs before lock down?

I've hatched several different bantam breeds both in incubators and under broody hens, and none have ever hatched earlier than day 20. The vast majority hatch on day 21.

I usually lock down at day 18 with a humidity of around 65% and the same temperature 99.5 for a fan assisted bator or 101-102 at the top of the eggs for a still air bator. For the first 17-18 days I usually keep the humidity fairly low at between 30-40%.

Have you candled the eggs before lock down?

I’m only on day 8 today but have candled them last night and I can see air cells in all of them except one is a little harder to see then the others. I am really new to all of this we are loving the experience but I must admit I’m finding it a little stressful. These were a gift for my daughters birthday so the pressure is on

I would appreciated any advice on stories or anything at this point even about raising the chicks.

Thank you so much for your time

Hard to go wrong with the ecoglow, I agree with the earlier poster about 21 days, 18 for lockdown.
Great I’ll lock down day 18 and go for the EcoGlow from all the articles it see,Ed the logical choice especially with kids the no burning was a huge plus for me.

Thanks guys for all the help any advice or stories are greatly appreciate I am super nervous about all of this so expect more random stupid questions

Back
Top Bottom