lock down!!!

good ole boy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 22, 2011
sharpsburg, kentucky
well today is day 18 so i took the eggs out of the turner and filled the genisis 1588 tray full of water and place the eggs in the bottom and with any luck i might see a few chicks in a couple of days, i also have 4 hens currently cluthcing around 45 eggs in the barn. cannot wait to see how i end up

HI Good old boy lets hatch together its more exiting that way. i went into lockdown last night with a pip already he has hatch already still cant get up well but he is trying... i still have 14 more eggs to go tem its holding at 100 and the humidity its at 65% now i did the dry hatchig since humidity was 45% with no water at all so i added litle water just yesterday for lockdown they are eggs from my hens what eggs do u have? what was your humidity during incubation?

big_smile.png

well my bator does not show humidity i just followed the instructions that said keep the middle section filled to day 18 then fill both during lock down so i did just that. now for the eggs question my eggs are all barnyard mix, my hens include 4 gold comets,5 black austrlope, and 4 more mix hens... my roosters are 2 rhode island red,1 ameracana, and the other 2 might be a new hampshire red and a barred rock. i know i have 2 many roosters. but after my new 20 x 20 hen house is finished i plan to order about 50 rhode island red hens, a fer buffs and wyandotes. i would like to have around 100 to 175 chickens. thank you all for wishing me luck

Back
Top Bottom