1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lock down

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Francischick, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Francischick

Francischick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    We are on our third day of lock down. No action so far. I hope everythings go well.

2. waititout

waititout Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    Bay Area, CA
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. Day 21 for me. I heard chirping last night and then...nothing. Local eggs too. Not feeling hopeful this time.
    Sorry about the pessimism. I'm usually so positive.
    Good luck on yours!

3. Francischick

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    Well this my first hatch I hope I have beginners luck. Good Luck to us both. I haven't heard any peeps but I am still hopeful.

4. rinkagamine09

rinkagamine09 New Egg

Oct 7, 2012
    Sometimes if the tempature is low by even half a degree, they'll hatch late. I have had a batch hatch on day 24 with a few on day 25 so don't give up yet. Good Luck to the both of you!! [​IMG]

5. waititout

waititout Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    Bay Area, CA

Thank you. I'm not giving up yet! :)

@Francischick, I'm a couple of days ahead of you, so you are still definitely on track!

6. Francischick

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    Waiting for them to hatch and studying for mid-terms I am too old for this stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by