Lock suggestions?

I have lots of racoons, possums and skunks in my area. I know racoons can undo just about anything. So I am not risking anything and have been using small lock and key master locks. We've had a decent amount of rain exposure and the locks are already starting to stick a bit. Haven't even been through freezing weather. So I was wondering what other people use that can handle weathering well. Or do you just do a weekly greasing of the locks? TIA

Here is the "safety gate" hook. Enlarged to show detail. 20170902_183955.jpg

I have lots of racoons, possums and skunks in my area. I know racoons can undo just about anything. So I am not risking anything and have been using small lock and key master locks. We've had a decent amount of rain exposure and the locks are already starting to stick a bit. Haven't even been through freezing weather. So I was wondering what other people use that can handle weathering well. Or do you just do a weekly greasing of the locks? TIA
They make ones that have a rubber case over them and a little flap that closes the actual key part. As for keeping them greased, I use Vaseline on a lot of stuff, keeps the water out and it last for quite a while as it's more a solid than a liquid.

I don't think Raccoons have progressed to point of mastering combination locks but, you could use them and maybe rubber cover for weather protection.

Back
Top Bottom