1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lockdown begins tonight! so excited!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Paintedhorsegirl, May 13, 2011.

1. Paintedhorsegirl

Paintedhorsegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Day 18 tomorrow, so Im going into lockdown tonight...Im so excited! I really hope I have a good hatch [​IMG]
    This will be my first time with frizzle chicks, I really really hope its a good hatch...Im going to be so bummed if they dont hatch....

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG]
    It's a long wait, but well worth it!

I almost dropped an entire bucket of chicken feed yesterday when I looked in the nest box and
    seen three little chicks! I really didn't expect my eggs to hatch! Wishing you the best of luck with

your eggs! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  3. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Quote:New chicks are always so exciting....why are they so addicting? chicken math always getting the best of me... [​IMG]

4. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Haha I have no idea. They're like 'tater chips....Can't stop at one [​IMG]

They bring so much joy. If I am stressed, I can go sit with the chickens, (especially the chicks) for awhile and come

back totally relaxed, and stress free... You need to post pictures when you get some babies!

5. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    I will post pics as soon as they hatch...so excited...cant wait [​IMG]

6. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Lock down has begun, I just turned for the last time..I did add a small sponge to try and bring humidity to 60 instead of 50...If it goes up to much I will have to remove it..But yay lockdown has begun! please let chicks hatch [​IMG]

7. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Day 18.....Its dragging on...I want pips and I want chicks...patience , i know..

8. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:hi any updates?? im as exited as you are hehhe i love babys o hatch and its true like sizorcich said they are sooo relaxing...

9. chknfrmr

chknfrmr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    I locked mine down last evening. So far, nothing to report. All this waiting... Hope you get a good hatch!!

Lamar

10. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i locked down today too. nothin yet but i don't expect anything to happen for a few days. this part is the hardest for me. almost there tho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by