Lockdown! Cross your fingers...Newest pictures, page 18

Oh, what a little cutie.

I thought that other one was part of the turkey, I never even looked over there. Right 9 so thats 7M/2F. I'm sorry, I can't help myself. But I do think you have some girls there. (you may be right about the optometrist - I've changed the M number 3 times to get the numbers to add up right). No I haven't had any wine, yet.

So cute. I like mixed hatches best. Spiced eye candy. Thank goodness other people are hatching and showing pictures. Cuts down on the number of my hatches.

They are definitely eye candy! That's why I wanted the assortment of colors.

I figured I already have 10 browns. Might as well mix it up a bit!

Last edited:
Quote:
40 COTURNIX AND YES I WAS LATE MOVING THEM... WENT TO MOVE THEM AND WAS GREETED BY 4 LIL IMPATIENT FUZZBALLZ AND A FEW OTHERS BUSILY ZIPPING (OOPS)

Quote:
Put a wet wash cloth in the incubator to make sure the humidity is high enough.

X2

BIGGEST CAUSE OF DELAYED HATCH OR UNSUCESSFUL ZIP (AS YOU ARE DESCRIBING) IS LOW HUMIDITY.... YOUR HYGROMETER MAY BE INACCURATE

SECOND BIGGEST IS DROWNING ENUTERO--- HATCH IN UPRIGHT POSITION

Quote:
Olive oil? huh?

My guess is to loosen the stickiness of the bandaids
smile.png

Ya, use olive oil to take the bandaids off, so you don't literaly rip their skin off when taking those things off. Que tips and olive oil. Read that on here somewhere in the chicken section and tried it once. Works good, less hassle.

Yes, the olive oil was for the bandaids. Forget the q-tips! I used cotton balls. I buy Olive oil by the gallon and sometimes by the five-gallon tin, so I'm not worried about using a bit extra. I saturated those bandaids until they slipped right off. It's also healthy for his skin on his feet - not going to do any harm, for sure.

(Ahem, before you think I'm a billionaire for buying olive oil in such quantity, check your nearest big city for ethnic grocery stores. THAT is where you buy olive oil!)

Quote:
40 COTURNIX AND YES I WAS LATE MOVING THEM... WENT TO MOVE THEM AND WAS GREETED BY 4 LIL IMPATIENT FUZZBALLZ AND A FEW OTHERS BUSILY ZIPPING (OOPS)

The next thing you know, he'll be keeping the boys for pets like me!

Back
Top Bottom