Lockdown for 16 button quail eggs tonight!!! Hatch day 8/13!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Dropped one as I was putting it in the bator it was yolk so no biggie. Candled the rest pretty sure I saw movement. Saturday night we should have babies!!!!

2. fatsu

fatsu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    Best of luck to you. today 8/11 is hatch day for 12 of my lil buttons. Waiting to hear to lil peeps now.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Have you hatched buttons before? This is hatch number 3 I think for buttons for me I think.

4. fatsu

fatsu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    I've done a few hatches. Have 17 I hatched 2 weeks ago brooding at the moment. I have these 10 that 5 have hatched from so far and another 30 in the bator. Trying out my first hatch on coturnix eggs also only have 9 eggs so hoping I get a good hatch.

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I am doing my first hatch on coturnix too! I have a bunch in there and 3 dozen lost in transit -_-

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i have a whole bunch of buttons on lockdown as well. the 14th is the day for me... hope i have a good hatch, my cat knocked my bator over with 25 eggs in it before and cracked most.... i hatched 2 out of the 9 i had left after they all cracked. so this time around im hoping to have a good hatch 30 on lockdown as well as 30 ,tibetten,rossettas/scarlet reds/ tib/ros/scarlett tuxedos. as well as a&ms and jumbo browns. in my other bator. ANNDDD i have 8 EE eggs in the new homeade incubator i made from a minifridge.(trial 1) should be a good hatch. it hold temp and humitity perfectly. so im exited for these new hatches.
    my lil giant incubator with turner has 85 eggs all coturnix. a&ms and browns
    my lil giant HATCHER (bator without turner) has 30 buttons and 30 coturnix(color assortment)
    mini fridge has 8 EE (bator and hatcher in itself)

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:[​IMG] for quail!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by