LOCKDOWN Hatching June 14th "pics of my babys UPDATE HATCHING COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by floridachickhatcher, Jun 11, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    I put my 25 eggs into lockdown this morning i candled them last night and found 1 dud and 3 maybe duds but i put them in the incubator with a penciled X on it if they are i still have 22 good eggs i mean they look fully developed the whole egg is dark and i could barely see the air sac they are due to hatch June 14th this coming Tuesday! God i hope i get more than 5 to hatch my mom would like me to hatch out 100 for her

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    So far i have seen 7 pipped and a couple more that are shaking they could be pipped on the bottom i have temp about 97 to 99.5 and Humidity at 70 to 75%

3. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Isn't it exciting? Are you glued to the incubator? Mine are due sat, I can't wait. Good luck, and keep us posted

4. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:oh yeah on the last 3 days im always checking my LG still air hatcher i have 1 BR hen already out of her shell and she is just crawling all over the other eggs the pipped ones should either hatch late tonight or tomorrow and then i have 41 not candled yet due to hatch again next Wed and Thur and again June 30th,July 1st and 2nd ^_^

5. angelamichelel

angelamichelel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    nw alabama
    I have 18 silkie eggs in lockdown they are due to hatch wednesday the 15. This will be my 2nd attempt the first batch didn't turn out good. I'm really hoping to get some silkies outta here. My temp was 100.9 the humidity was 74%. I'm taking suggestions if anyone has advice!!!

6. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:thats about what mine is when im hatching them out and yeah my first time hatching i only had 4 hatch out and live and 2,3 and 4 times nothing but i didnt know what the humidity was either then when i finally bought a hydrometer the humidity was at 30 to 40% and thats why i had low hatch rates but with my last 2 here i have had 5 hatch out both times and now it looks like i might have 8 this time so it takes a while

7. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    WOOHOO!!! 3 more just hatched 2 BR and 1 RIR i have never had that many hatch a day before though im glad i have finally fixed my hatching technique i think i might just have a total of 10 hatch out im still watching all 22 eggs though i will be soooo happy if all of them hatch!! that will bump up our chicks to 32 then i will only have to hatch out 68 more

8. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Good luck on your hatch! I have 16 eggs that went into lockdown yesterday. I can't keep myself away from the bator.

9. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    1 RIR and 6 BR so far and the rest are still pipped and rocking!

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Good luck. I still have about 2 weeks to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by