Lockdown soon?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ilovemyduckies, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    I've got 25 egg in my incubator right now. 9 are rouen duck eggs (put in 2/27), the other 16 eggs are buff orpington chicken eggs (put in 3/5). So lockdown is coming up soon. But I was just wondering, lockdown would be Saturday morning right? Just want to make sure I have the right day so I don't mess up the entire hatch (I've hatched egg before, but it seems like everything about it has left my head since then). Also, I've got a twin chick, and I know for a fact that both of them are alive. I've got a smaller incubator that is meant to hold two eggs, should I put the twin egg in there so I can help it if it needs any? Or should I just leave it be and see what happens? Thx in advance.

I posted this yesterday, but I accidentally posted it in hobbies.

2. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    Anyone???

3. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Hi there, i always count the next day as day 1 and all my chicks hatch on day 21 so i must be doing something right :D .. I would leave the twin egg with the others. I hatched twins from my Silver Laced Wynadott, sadly only one survived. The one that was at the large end with the airsac died and the one that was at the pointy end lived:/.. I only helped once i saw a pip..good luck :D.

4. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    So does that mean Sunday? I told my mom that Lockdown was Saturday and she just argued that lockdown was supposed to be on Friday.

5. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Hi there darling, i live in the UK so i just got your message. Your Rouen ducks should go on lockdown Sat 24th March... Your Orpingtons Will be Saturday 24th march also..good luck hun :D.

6. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I make Friday lockdown day for both. (Day 25 for duckies and 18 for the BOs). Either way, it's not going to mess up the hatch if you do it a few hours earlier or later. I wouldn't stress about it! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by