Lockdown starts today! Who's gonna hatch with me? UPDATE PICS!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Germaine_11.20, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Ok, breathe...breathe

I always get anxious at lockdown but I guess that is 1/2 the fun! Well all the babies are tucked into the hatcher and humidity is a bit high. No worries there though, in a few hours it will be just right and then the plug goes back in.
    12 Light Sussex from JanieMarie are ready to hatch.
    I candeled again just to make sure everyone was still good to go in there (did the dry hatch again) and they are. It amazes me that the air cells are perfect with such little humidity during incubation. I used to think that they would be huge but they aren't.
    So now the fun begins. I had better get to bed early the next couple days because I know I won't get much during the hatch.
    Mine should start pipping around tomorrow night and hatch on Wednesday.
    Who is with me????? I don't want to stress by myself....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Ducks-R-Us

Ducks-R-Us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Dakota
    I have some duckies in the hatcher right now, 6 have already hatched, 2 calls, 3 pekins, and 1 magpie. I have pips on a couple more eggs and if it goes like the last hatch, it will take til Wednesday for all of them to hatch out.
    Good Luck with your hatch!!

3. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Wow, that is great! How many eggs are in there? I don't think there are any cuter pictures than of baby ducks. I hope we get some pics! And good luck with the rest. [​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I'm in, sister! I go on lockdown today with the Delawares and gang, from speckledhen!

This is gonna all be new to me ... hatching IN the Sportsman. I'm getting ready, now, to go and up the humidity!

5. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:Oh baby!! More Speckled Hen Delawares. Come on lil Isaacs, hatch out! Not to forget Kira's too!

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Kathy and Rwoman- I am watching with you in spirit!!!! Best of luck to each little egg!!

7. chayton

chayton Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Weatherford, TX
    12 Silver laced wyandotts go under the lock today. They went in the incubator early morning on the 3rd, should be pipping on Wednesday if everything has gone ok and I think it has. This is my 2nd attempt at hatching from my home made incubator, last month I hatched 10 out of 12 Black copper marans and 11 out of 12 Amerucanas. I only wanted a couple of pullets in October and now I'm looking at over 30 chicks by Christmas. Hey, never do anything half-ass RIGHT?

8. save the favs

save the favs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Oregon
    Good luck to everyone!

6 (+ 1 iffy one) are in "lockdown" today for Bantam Blue Salmon Faverolles. Can hardly wait to see the little "fuzzy wasys."

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  9. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Yes, good luck. Gotta go do some running around, I will catch up on all of this later.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ooh, you're in home stretch with your little Ikelettes, Kathy. Good luck, Germaine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by