Lockdown starts tomorrow for the 'hurricane' eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickadee93, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Chickadee93

Chickadee93 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    PA
    AKA my first hatch ever!! A week after incubation the hurricane hit (power was lost and I thought they were goners) but it looks like 7 or 8 out of my 15 original eggs are still alive.

Candled today and they all have healthy veins and I swear I saw movement in a few of them..I can't wait to see the lil peeps on Saturday if they all make it! [​IMG]Aaaaand I'll need to start looking for homes for EE roos because there is NO WAY they're all going to be pullets because that is my luck [​IMG]

2. cochins1088

cochins1088 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    Good Luck, chicks are always exciting, especially when they have a survival story. I once had a chick survive 3 days on the kitchen table at room tempature at day 17 of incubation. Onca again, good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Id give you my luck as i feathered sexed my 10 chicks and it only showed 3 at most being males. Lol i have eggs going on lockdown the 9th i doubt any will hatch as they were ebay eggs.

4. Chickadee93

Chickadee93 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    PA
    Augh this wait is terrible...any day now...[​IMG]
    Float tested three eggs because I am IMPATIENT and they are all good so hopefully???tomorrow??? I'll have some pips

Incubator temp has been on the low side for the whole term so I'm expecting them to be a tad late.

5. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    My hatchery eggs out of 12 eggs 6 hatched the ebay eggs out of 13 eggs not one was good or hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by