Lockdown this morning!

rsarns

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Ok, so pulled the eggs off the auto-turner, and just laid them on the screen in the incubator... now 6 hours later I have a egg that is "Pipped"? a small hole and I can see movement... does this happen this soon? It is just now the 18th day.... not complaining.. but concerned!

Yes, I have bumped the hunidity up to 65% and climbing... Do I sound worried? So what do I do now other than sit here and watch!

I had some hatch out on day 18 on my current hatch. I did discover my thermometer was off a little so the temperature was actually a little higher, so I'm thinking that may be a reason why my eggs started hatching sooner.
jumpy.gif

Its pretty cool... I can hear it chirping... and watching the beak as it works on the shell.... My kids are mesmerized! Cool times.. hope it all goes well over the next few days...25 BCM eggs made it to this point in that incubator.... the other batch of 14 Wheaton/blues and 11 BCM eggs are due 10 days after these...

Last edited:
1st and only to hatch (day 19 only) is doing fine... the other that pipped first, nothing yet... starting to hear some chirping from the incubator (not from the hatched chick) and seeing a couple of other eggs wabble a bit... :) SO do I try to get the hatched one out now that it dry and fluffy? Or do I wait... could be a few days for others to hatch, since she(?) was so early....

The yoke will last a while. You can probably wait a few hours. Would probably be good to have another in the brooder with it, but if you get concerned, it won't hurt to take it out if you do it super quick so the pipped eggs don't get dried up. I heard of someone taking the incubator into the bathroom (if it's a table-top) and letting the shower run super hot for a couple minutes so it's steamy.. That way, humidity won't be bothered. Then you can either move it back to it's original spot or plug it in there even I'm sure, if you're able.

Ok, grabbed the one out a while ago... humidity stayed good, was open less than 5 seconds.... Now I have another hatched! WIll wait a bit... he one in the brooder is doing well.... making lots of noise!

Back
Top Bottom