Lockdown Today at NOON...Last minute advice needed

Duemig10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Garner, NC
16 eggs going from homemade incubator into a LG forced air for hatching today. I have had the LG running for 2 days now. I can only get the temp to stay at either 99.1 or 100.4 with the slightest adjustment. I have tried a lot and it is going to have to be one or the other. When at 99.1, sometimes it will drop down to 97.4 then go back up. When it is at 100.4 it stays constant, so I am thinking that would be the temp I will go with. Is that temp OK to go with for forced air? The humidity in the incubator now has been staying at 50-55 and in the LG hatcher it is now stable at 65 hum. Is that OK?

I put a 80mm CPU fan in the LG and blows air really good down on the eggs. Should I not put the eggs right underneath the fan for fear that they would dry out the membranes faster?

Sorry for all the questions..Getting nervous

Last edited:
Just joined the site. I hope to learn from some of you as well as help.
I hatch a lot of eggs. I use a still air with lots of vents and hatch my small breeds with it. I use a large forced air for larger eggs.
From my experience from 99 to 101 is about as good as it gets. Just don't let them stay below 99 for long. Can't help letting it get down when I turn eggs in the small incubators.
But it heats back up quick.
I use a digital therm. It is an inexpensive indoor / outdoor type from Walmart. Has 2 remote sensors that I put in the incubators as needed. I set the readout sensor on the desk. Very handy for a quick check.
I usually get on average a 70% hatch. I've been told this was good.

P.S How long have they been in your homemade bator?

Last edited:
They have been in my homemade bator for 18 days. I have to move them soon into the LG that I am using as a hatcher because I have other eggs still in the bator , so I can't hatch in there.

I do the same thing. I have a still air that I use for just that purpose.
When the eggs are ready to set (3 days prior to hatch) I move them into the still air
On hatch day I check every 2 hours and remove all egg shells and dry babies.
I put them into a large plastic tote (also walmart) with a 100 watt bulb over them.

Must be a thing with that incubator....Mine has been pretty consistant (and stayed the best) at 100.4 as well LOL
smile.png
I'm 4 hours from day 20 and giving a chirp or two everytime I pass the 'bator now....hoping to encourage the little boogers to come on out
smile.png

OK..Thanks for all the help..They are in and the temp and hum are stable at 100.4 & 65%..Fingers crossed

kburen...Good luck with your hatch

Feel like I'm in the waiting room!
I hatched 33 out of 60 yesterday of Brown egg layers. Not bad for this time of year.
Got anouther 28 from a week to 2 days old.
Got 42 Duck eggs in 16 days and I guess I'll stop for the Winter.

Good luck on the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom